With every single cell in your body requiring water to function properly and your brilliant brain consisting of up to 85% of water, staying hydrated is one of the first goals you can easily achieve.
Keep fatigue, impaired memory, and difficulties with attention or mood out of your day: By setting a reminder to always have a large bottle on your desk when starting work, you can break the cycle of dehydration and stress that often increases depression and anxiety, leading to more stress to the body.
Here’s a 1 minute video of how I set up my routine in the Earkick selfcare companion app. It’s super easy.
Reframe Hydration To Be A Fun Activity
Rather than seeing water consumption as yet another task on your list, make it attractive and fun by:
- Treating yourself with a beautiful eye-catching bottle or jug 🍶
- Adding flavor with lemon 🍋, cucumber 🥒, ginger or mint
- Adding more spice to your meals, to you make you reach for water 🌶️
- Eat fruits such as watermelon 🍉, strawberries 🍓or tomatoes (all <%91)
Check out this Anti-Inflammatory Golden Tonic 🍹to wind down!!
Want to dig deeper into why goal setting and habituation is good for your mental wellbeing? Check out the following sources:
- How to hydrate
- Hydration State Controls Stress Responsiveness and Social Behavior
- Drinking plain water is associated with decreased risk of depression and anxiety in adults: Results from a large cross-sectional study
Yes, there is such a thing as drinking too much water!
The Earkick selfcare companion app is built on four science-based elements. Check out the respective blog post on why and how we designed it.