Healthy eating routines help us to feel at our physical best and they significantly affect our mental readiness. When we nourish our brains and bodies well, we are alert and concentrated, we have a high attention span and better memory, and we can think clearly.
The opposite is true for processed foods that are high in flour, fat and sugar. They train our brain-gut-connection to crave more by stimulating the regions responsible for pleasure and reward. That’s why during stressful times, we find ourselves trending towards unhealthy choices such as fast food, sweets, caffeinated drinks or skipping meals altogether to get by.
Establishing even ONE single healthy routine is a game changer. It will also give you the strength to resist unhealthy temptations and pursue your goals with more focus.
Plan your snack, fuel your success
- Think about where, when and with whom you want to eat a healthy snack.
- Set it as a daily goal in your Earkick selfcare companion app and prepare it.
- Pick a yummy brain-food recipe you can make in less than 10 minutes here and start enjoying!
Want to dig deeper into why our brain and guts affect our physical and mental health? Check out the following sources:
- New study shows stress can be reduced by a psychobiotic diet
- The gut-brain connection
- Here’s the Deal With Your Junk Food Cravings
- Healthy Diet: Eating with Mental Health in Mind
- Guts Imbalance Imbalances the Brain: A Review of Gut Microbiota Association With Neurological and Psychiatric Disorders
- 11 Best Foods to Boost Your Brain and Memory
Podcast and Video Sources
- Food for thought: How your belly controls your brain
- How food can improve your mood
- Top Foods to Boost Focus & Memory
The Earkick selfcare companion app is built on four science-based elements. Check out the respective blog post on why and how we designed it.