Making The Impossible Possible
Did you ever rise above yourself because people told you that something is impossible to achieve? Well, at Earkick we decided to address a massive problem that is at the core of improving mental health at scale:
Measuring mental health in real time.
The challenge gave us wings and within less than a year our exceptional team made it possible. What’s more: we nailed it so well that any competition will have a hard time catching up:
- We collected over 6Bn data-points of real data in real-life situations
- Our solution is faster than any of the competing products we know and needs 10x less information from the user
- Our model predicts mental health with an 80% accuracy
- We support 80+ languages, which is absolutely unique
- Our models are so tiny that they edge computing for maximum privacy. To our knowledge, we are the only company that is predicting mental health trends on device
So how did we achieve this in less than a year? Here are the main points:
- We hired a superhuman team, by being extremely selective in our hiring. For a startup company, time is crucial and everything needs to be done as fast as possible, but there is no shortcut to smart hiring. It always takes time and attention to find the right fit, but the time spent will pay off quickly.
- We have a minimum meeting culture, where everyone can focus deeply and put the maximum amount of time into tasks that drive value
- A laser-sharp focus is key to success. We regularly assess every task for its relevance to the success of the company. This makes us focus on the things that matter most.
- We constantly motivate each other to push the limits of what’s technically possible.
Our future is bright. The next big challenge we’re facing is making measurement completely passive so that no user interactions are required anymore. Sounds “impossible”? Stay tuned.